Thursday, September 05, 2013

Damascus

Here are two prophecies concerning Damascus:

The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Isaiah 17:1 (KJV)

And I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, and it shall consume the palaces of Benhadad.

Jeremiah 49:27 (KJV)

I mention these prophecies for two reasons:

1. Damascus is the capital of Syria, a nation which the United States is on the brink of getting involved in militarily.

2. These prophecies have never been fulfilled, but there are no time limits on them and since the Bible is God's Word, they will come to pass.

I am not necessarily saying that the United States will be the instrument by which these prophecies will be fulfilled.  And I certainly do not advocate our involvement in the conflict.  But I believe that these prophecies must be fulfilled sometime before the White Throne judgement.  Damascus might not be destroyed any time soon, but when it is destroyed, that could be a sign of the end times.  I do not know when Christ is coming back, but I am just saying that maybe these recent events could motivate us to work harder in witnessing to the lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment