Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Is President Trump a Patriot?






AlterNet is a far-leftist website, which posted the following article yesterday (Monday), "Trump's Phony Patriotism With the Radical Roots of America the Beautiful and the Pledge of Allegiance." 

My initial response to this provocative article was:
Which is worse, my leftist friends, "Phony Patriotism" or Being Unpatriotic?
I received two responses, one from Hughie the Sailor, who commented: 
That is such an emotionally charged and politically loaded term: "patriotism." Americans use it more than you claim that Canadians say "sorry". What do you mean by "patriot"?”

I then made the following comments, which were apparently censored by the website administrators, because I did not see them after I submitted them:

My first response (apparently deleted):
    pa·tri·ot ˈpātrēət/
noun

a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors. 
     It seems to me that President Trump in his stated quest "To Make   America Great Again" personifies what it means to be patriotic. Mr. Trump ·       wants to put America first;·       wants to carefully and completely vet Muslims coming from Islam-inspired terrorist harboring countries;·       wants to secure our borders by building an impenetrable wall;·       wants to rebuild and strengthen our military to better defend our country;·       respects our veterans;·       rejects political correctness that has weakened our country;·       respecting the Constitution with appointment of a SCOTUS justice who is doesn't believe that it is a 'living' constitution that can be changed at the whim of the court;·       wants to control spending and minimize debt ... 
    To me this part of what it means to be patriotic.
My second response (apparently deleted, too):

I quoted Pres. Dwight D. Eisenhower who said, “We must never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment