Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Apotheosis of Washington


It has been a long time since I have done any blogging. I will have a new congressman because of the redistricting. My pastor recently called to my attention an issue that should have been addressed a long time ago. Here is my letter to petition my congressman about this issue.

Dear Honorable Congressman,

As you know Article I, section 8, clause 17 of the Constitution of the United States gives Congress the power to "...exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District...".  I would like to voice my opinion about the "Apotheosis of Washington" which is painted on the ceiling of the rotunda of the Capitol Building.  It should be painted over.  The fresco depicts pagan Greek gods, which should not be in a Christian nation.  The word "Apotheosis" in the title of the fresco means "ascending and becoming a god".  This is something that George Washington would never have approved of.  Even though he was a great man, it is morally wrong to elevate any human being except Jesus Christ to godhood status or to promote polytheism.  

Thank you for your consideration.

Concerned Citizen

No comments:

Post a Comment