Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Disgraced Democrat Dann Steps Down

Facing Investigation & Impeachment Ohio AG Resigns

Dann & Gov. Ted Strickland

.

Articles of Impeachment


Two of the nine articles of impeachment allege that Attorney General Marc Dann:

> Obstructed the internal investigation into allegations of sexual harassment in his office


. . .

> Committed acts of gross immorality and knew or should have known that his personal conduct undermined the effectiveness and efficiency of the office.


Following in the failed footsteps of another corrupt Democrat, New York Attorney General, Eliot Spitzer, Marc Dann resigned late this afternoon. The Columbus Dispatch newspaper's headline this morning cried out, “Dann denied an exit deal.” Dann must of heard that call loud and clear. The following is an excerpt from the text of the resignation speech given this afternoon a few hours ago by Marc Dann, now the former Attorney General of Ohio. What I included in parenthesis and in capital letters are words that Dann left unsaid in his resignation statement. Matt Patrick, talk show host on WHLO radio in Akron, posted an audio file of Dann’s resignation speech.

A few days I came before you (THINKING I COULD MAKE THIS SITUATION GO AWAY IF I REFUSED TO DEAL WITH IT AS I SHOULD HAVE) to (MERELY) admit my mistakes (ONLY ONCE IT BECAME KNOWN THAT IT – ONCE I GOT CAUGHT), to take responsibility (THINKING I COULD FOOL YOU STUPID MASSES BY MOUTHING THESE PLATITUDES) and to announce steps is (DISTRACTING AND) giving the Office of Attorney General an administrative backbone (NOT SURE WHAT I MEANT HERE BECAUSE IT IS OBVIOUS THAT I HAVE NO BACKBONE WHEN IT COMES ON DOING THE RIGHT THING OF MY OWN VOLITION DUE TO LACK OF PERSONAL INTEGRITY AND CHARACTER) worthy of the great legal work we were doing in the Office . . .

“I sincerely (YOU BELIEVE ME DON’T YOU?) viewed it as my fiduciary responsibility to fix the problems on my watch (MORE SPECIFICALLY MY LAWLESSNESS AND MY LAW-BREAKING AND MY BREACHING THE PEOPLE’S TRUST), especially as it concerned my own actions (WHICH AFTER ALL, IT WAS PRIMARILY MY BEHAVIOR THAT WAS BOTH IRRESPONSIBLE AND MODELING TERRIBLE LEADERSHIP FOR EVERYONE IN THE OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL) Unfortunately (FOR ME, THAT THE DAMAGE I CAUSED IS UNREPAIRABLE BUT I REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT UNTIL NOW), it is now clear that the last step I must take (NOT WILLINGLY, I MUST ADD, I AM BEING FORCED, PRESSURED BY OTHERS EVEN IN MY PARTY) to fix the problem is to resign as Attorney General immediately (I DID MANAGE TO INSULT THE PEOPLE OF OHIO FOR SEVERAL WEEKS BY LOITERING, LINGERING BY NOT RESIGNING BECAUSE IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO – NOT WAIT UNTIL THE DAY THE INSPECTOR GENERAL IS INITIATING AN EXTENSIVE INVESTIGATION OF MY OFFICE AND MYSELF AND THERE IS A GROWING NON-PARTISAN EFFORT TO IMPEACH ME.) . . .
“. . . It has been my priority over the past few weeks
(TO REFUSE TO DEAL WITH THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION IN WHICH I GOT MYSELF INTO, HOPING THAT IT WOULD JUST GO AWAY AND) to try to restore those priorities to the forefront of the Office’s work. The vast majority of the 1400 employees of the Attorney General’s Office have been doing outstanding, nationally recognized work (DESPITE THEIR CORRUPT, IMMORAL, UNETHICAL LEADER – LITTLE OLD ME - WHO EVEN ENGINEERED AND ENCOURAGED A SEXUAL HARASSING WORK ENVIRONMENT) . . . I thank them for their incredible service over the past 17 months . . . They deserve (MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT I GAVE THEM AND DESERVE) both to be recognized and to continue their work without the distraction that the political (ACTUALLY, MY MULTIPLE MORAL IMPROPRIETIES AND INDISCRETIONS, FOR WHICH I AM SOLELY RESPONSIBLE) situation that I find myself in has caused them. It is now clear to me (YOU SEE, I AM A VERY SLOW LEARNER) that the only way to protect these (VERY LIBERAL) priorities for the Office of Attorney General and for the people of Ohio (AND MOST IMPORTANT, FOR THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY) is to remove myself from this situation (KICKIN’ AND SCREAMIN’).”

Ohio and its people are better off without Marc Dann. Dann is proof that the Democrats are no different from the Ohio Republicans, who when they gain power are even more corrupt than anything the GOP did. Governor Bob Taft looks like an innocent choir boy compared to the wrong perpetrated by Attorney General Dann. Ironically Dann was swept into statewide office with a lot of other Democrats on the basis of bringing clean government. Today he was put out with the trash . . .

See also my previous articles, which I wrote about Dann here and here.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:20 PM

    I found it hard to read due to all the insertions you made. It was hard to follow Dann's message. Also I notice that you contradicted yourself when you said the Dems were no different than the Republicans and then went on to say that what Taft did wasn't near as bad as what Dann did. It sems to me that the Dems are much more morally bankrupt than the Republicans and that makes them different. TD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments. I would have to agree with your assessment that overall the Dems are much more morally bankrupt than the GOP. However, both tend to go astray when they come to power.

    ReplyDelete