Thursday, April 19, 2007

More on the Massacre


I agree with the article Greg wrote on Tuesday about the Virginia Tech massacre. I would add these things:


I was once rejected by someone who I had been in love with. I took it hard and was very angry. I turned away from God for a long time because of it. My advice to anyone in this situation is to trust in God, reject the practices of the World, and look into the Bible for answers.

Secondly, I have been hearing that there are laws which limit professors and school administrators from contacting parents about college students about their behavior. This is all in the name of privacy. What a stupid law!

Thirdly, whenever something like this happens, people think that we need to have a new law that would prevent such a thing from happening. But people almost always look into themselves (their own wisdom, knowledge, and feelings) rather than looking to the Bible for the right answer. But rather than having a better lock down procedure or putting more restrictions on fire arms, we need to get rid of laws which are not of God. Here is an excellent article by Dr. Patrick Johnston about why gun control is unfair and does not work.
Jesus told his disciples, "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me. 'And he was reckoned among the transgressors' for the things concerning me have an end. " (Luke 22:36, 37)

No comments:

Post a Comment