Saturday, December 22, 2012
A Far Greater Threat Than Guns
Hat tip goes to Scott, @retiredfirecapt on twitter who succinctly summarized the gun control issue, as well as the first (and second, if America survives) term of President Barack Obama, in the above statement...
Shortly after seeing Scott’s tweet above, I saw Michelle Ray’s (@GaltsGirl) post on twitter with a link to Josh Bernstein’s ConservativeDailyNews.com article below:
Barack Obama was named Time Magazine’s Person of the Year for 2012. An honor bestowed upon almost every president since 1927. Our 44th President is a remarkable president. No president in our nation’s history has accomplished so little in such a short time. No president has ever been elected to the highest office in the land with less experience. No president has ever been reelected with a record as remarkable as this president’s record.
Here are the top 10 reasons why I support Barack Obama as Time’s Person of the Year.
1. For the first time in our nation’s history we had our credit rating downgraded from AAA to AA+. (In terms of baseball that would be the equivalent of being sent back down to the Minor leagues.)
2. The Benghazi Cover Up. Four Americans died in Libya on Sept 11, 2012 while the President watched and did nothing. After the attack the President lied and said it was not a terrorist attack. To make matters worse initially the attack was blamed on a video. (Three months later the American People are still waiting for the truth and an apology.)
3. The President has presided over the worst economy since The Great Depression. His policies, not the ones of his predecessor are the main reason the economy will not recover. The main culprit is his signature achievement. The Affordable Care Act has kept small businesses from hiring, thus exacerbating the problems in regard to the economy. (If we repeal and replace AFA the economy will turn around a lot sooner.)
4. There are 47 million Americans on food stamps right now. (The President has certainly earned his nickname as the Food Stamp President.)
5. It has taken 219 years and 43 former presidents to spend less money than Barack Obama has spent in only his first four years. (As a result of this accomplishment according to U.S. Debt Clock.org that is approximately $52,000 per person.) http://www.usdebtclock.org/
6. With 23 million Americans out of work and the unemployment rate over 8% Barack Obama has not met with his jobs council in over six months. If that wasn’t enough he also removed the work requirement for Welfare. (Mr. President, the greatest social program is a job.)
7. With the threat of a nuclear Iran, the Assad regime in Syria, the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, a Middle East on the verge of eruption, an unstable North Korea, a belligerent Russia, and a power hungry China, the President wants to cut our national defense as well as reduce our nuclear arsenal to pre Cold War levels. (Just for extra fun he also has skipped the majority of his intelligence briefings.)
8. Gas prices when George W. Bush left office were $1.78 a gallon. Gas Prices have routinely been over $3.50 per gallon and continue to grow even higher. (Good call Mr. President on turning down that Keystone Pipeline.)
9. Telling business owners that they are not responsible for building their own businesses. Eluding to the fact that somehow the government had a hand in building their businesses, not the blood, sweat, tears, sacrifice, risk, and money of the entrepreneurs themselves. (Mr. President, why do small businesses fear you again?)
10. Solyndra, Fisker Automotive, General Motors, Fast and Furious, Cash for Clunkers, Spectra Watt, Sun Power, First Solar, Bright Source, the list goes on and on and on.
The folks at Time Magazine sure know how to pick them. They made an excellent choice for their Person of the Year. Barack Obama has accomplished so much in so little time. With his stellar record of achievements what else could he possibly do to better his already stellar record? I know at least half the country right now is waiting on pins and needles to find out. Maybe he will be so successful that he becomes President for life? I’m sure the President’s next four years will be just as successful as his first four years.
Isn’t it ironic that the same man who is named ‘Person of the Year’ at the end of four failed years and the beginning of an undeserved 2nd term is receiving this recognition? It is about as meaningful as his receiving the Noble Peace Prize prior to any real accomplishment other than fooling half of the American voting public four years ago.
Someone on an on-line forum just asked me how I was doing. My response was “Pretty well, considering the fact that my country must endure four more years of grossly inept leadership on the part of both the Democrat and the Republican Parties. Despite the fact that no one wants to deal with the real problem with our nation - Big Government and its Big Spending ... Where "Tax the Rich' is being used by Obama as a distraction to cover his many failures and to deflect the attention away from the real problem – the nations increasing debt!”