Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Letter to the Editor



One week ago was Election Day in Ohio, when thousands of Ohioans voted for me. I have been sending the following Letter to the Editor to several Ohio Newspapers. In case the traditional media does not publish it using paper and ink, I will use the new media to get my message of thanks out to Ohioans.


My Campagn for the U.S. Senate

“Thank you”, to everyone in Ohio, who voted for me for the U.S. Senate in the Democratic Primary on May 2nd, I appreciate your confidence and support.

I did not win the election. I gave it my best effort and God helped me to persevere through the Primary Election. Along the way I met many decent and God-fearing people, who wanted good representation in Washington, D.C. I took difficult stands on many issues, which most politicians shy away from. However, my basic philosophy is based on the truth found in God’s Word, the Bible. God has a lot to say about matters not only of religion, but of politics, education and business. We need to return to a place where God is recognized as the Supreme Sovereign of all and that there is no greater duty than to honor Him and Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God.

Jesus is the greatest person in the world; He is God in the flesh. The greatest proof for His existence is the changed life. He changed me at a young age. He enabled me to run for office despite all of the obstacles, past and present. The Shroud of Turin is physical evidence of His existence. See my earlier blog postings for a discussion of the Shroud and many other issues that I discussed during the last month of my campaign.

In summary, God is worthy of our very lives and our loyalty. Everyone has the opportunity to have a personal relationship with Jesus; it starts with an acknowledgment of our sin and separation from God, and involves a simple prayer requesting His entry into our lives. You can pray, “Lord Jesus, forgive me for my evil, come into my life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment