Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's either All-in-All or nothing-at-all

Fellow AGC . . . blogger, Sam, has been reading Chafer’s Systematic Theology and he sent me the following magnificent quote he read which describes the dichotomy that exists in American and in our world today.

Following the quote is a song that goes along well with the quotation below.

“In the intellectual world, as in all walks of life, men choose between the only alternatives, namely, the direct creation of all things by God as asserted by His own authoritative Word, or the evolution of this
complex and marvelous universe without a cause or a guiding purpose, out of nothing. The choice is finally between God and nothing. And what darkness is evinced (revealed) on the part of those who choose
nothing?”


-- Lewis Sperry Chafer in his Systematic Theology, Volume 1, page 169


You Are My All in All
.
You are my strength when I am weak,
You are the treasure that I seek,
You are my all in all.
Seeking You as a precious jewel,
Lord to give up I'd be a fool,
You are my all in all.

Jesus, Lamb of God - worthy is Your name.
Jesus, Lamb of God - worthy is Your name.

Taking my sin, my cross, my shame,
Rising again, I bless Your name,
You are my all in all.
When I fall down, You pick me up,
When I am dry You fill my cup,
You are my all in all.

Dennis Jernigan, 1991 Shepherd’s Heart Music
CCLI #825356

No comments:

Post a Comment