Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Time to Stand-Up

Yesteday I wrote an article about cloning. After I wrote it I came across a website called NoHumanCloning.org and in my navigating through that site found the song, "STAND UP." I am not much of a music listener, except or some folk and some "stained glass" bluegrass music. I usually pack politically-oriented talk shows into my MP3 player when traveling by car or go for a walk/jog/bike ride. However this song was added to my MP3 player.

The lyrics of the song below reflects a strong message. What a powerful complement to the words I punched on my keyboard yesterday in regard to Ohio's Human Cloning Ban Bill, which was introduced in the House of Representatives just last week.

Listen and contemplate the lyrics of this thought and heart-provoking song. [Emphasis added.]



STAND UP

STAND-UP, STAND UP
For all the world to see
STAND-UP. STAND UP.
Won't you stand with Jesus?

I awoke with a start, my heart was pounding:
A chill up my spine from horrors astounding.
In my dream they were selling the bones of the dead.
And people were buying.
I fell back in bed.

But I couldn't sleep, something too wrong:
Things became clear that had been hazy for so long.
TELL ME! TELL ME I'M DREAMING!
That the voices I hear aren't babies screaming.
How can it be
For a cell or a heart
They're killing the children
And selling the parts?

They bid for the bodies of babies aborted
To rip them apart,
To play God in the lab.

And they wrap this revulsion in the pretense of science:
"The search for a cure."

Is the world going mad?

WAKE UP! WAKE UP! I SHOUT WITH HIS POWER!
To the silent, self-blinded who draw back and cower.
Afraid to speak up, afraid to be counted,
Scared by attacks that Satan has mounted.

One nation under God,
We fall down to Satan.
Children are dying and still we keep waiting.
Why are you mute?

STANK UP! SPEAK OUT.
When you run from the evil, you feed it instead.
Cry out, cry for the children, mothers.
Didn't He say, "Care for each other?"

What gives us the right, men, to act like we're helpless?
Didn't He say He'd be there to help us?
Are we cowards?
Or warriors?
We can win if we choose.
But if we choose not to fight,
Then we've chosen to lose.

And they bid for the bodies of babies aborted
To rip them apart
To play God in the lab
And they wrap this revulsion in the pretense of science:
"The search for a cure."
Is the world going mad?

STAND-UP, STAND UP.
For all the world to see
STAND-UP. STAND UP.
Won't you stand with Jesus?

Shine His light.
Shine the Light of Jesus.

.
.
You can hear the song being performed by clicking on the audio link at the bottom of the NoHumanCloning.org website home page. Embryonic stem cell research, all human cloning and all abortion are what this song rails and wails against. Make A Good Choice by living and working to right these terrible injustices.

No comments:

Post a Comment