Saturday, April 30, 2011

Are Christianity & Capitalism Compatible?

I was at the fitness center a couple of days ago and an story about Representative Ron Paul touted on the cover of the May issue on Esquire Magazine caught my eye. I read the extensive article over my two most recent visits, Wednesday and Friday. Here is the third of three quotes from Congressman Paul from that article.

“The more I understand Christianity, to me it’s very libertarian. You talk about salvation, your soul. How can anything be more important? It’s done by the individual. It’s not done collectively. In the New Testament (of the Bible), so often they emphasize the importance of the individual, the ninety-nine and one (the parable of the (lost) sheep, you know. The individual is so important. To me that’s libertarian.” 
--- Ron Paul, quoted in John H. Richardson’s article, “The Founding Father,” Esquire Magazine, May 2011, page 160 

No comments:

Post a Comment