Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's time too stop looting America

Date
Dollar Amount
04/21/2011
09/30/2010
14,290,788,661,250.50
13,561,623,030,891.79
09/30/2009
11,909,829,003,511.75
09/30/2008
10,024,724,896,912.49
09/30/2007
 9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006
 8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005
 7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004
 7,379,052,696,330.32
09/30/2003
 6,783,231,062,743.62
09/30/2002
 6,228,235,965,597.16
09/30/2001
 5,807,463,412,200.06
09/30/2000
 5,674,178,209,886.86

"The Tea Party philosophy is the opposite of the current Washington ethic, too prevalent in both parties, that dictates that the goal of politics is to gather a coalition of 51% of the voters so that it can loot the other 49%. The Tea Party goal, instead, is to return to the principles that maximize opportunity for 100% of the voters."    

--- James V. DeLong, "The Tea Party movement and our collective interest," Tea Party Review, April 2011, Vol. 1, No. 2, page 55


The current Washington ethic is embraced by both the entrenched GOP like John Boehner and Mitch McConnell and the long-standing Democrats like Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. This was true when the Republicans had control of Congress and the Presidency, and it was most assuredly  true with the Democratic controlled 111th Congress. This is the reason that the national debt and deficit has risen to such great heights the last decade (See table above). 


The Tea Party minority in Congress represents the majority of the American people. The election of 2010 and 2012 have shown and will show that that continues to be true. It is time for the Republicans to stand, just like Nancy Pelosi did on her demonic principles, willing to lose the election of 2010 to gain the key agenda items by hook or by crook, which she did. John Boehner, if he at all believes equally in the principles he espouses will have the same level of commitment. So far he has not and the nation is worse for it. 


Let's get real. Let's get serious, Mr. Speaker. Stop with the rhetoric. Let's take action. Let's start with not raising the Debt Ceiling without a Balanced Budget commitment from the Democrats and the President. Maybe by passing a Balanced Budget Amendment before raising the Debt Ceiling one dollar more!

No comments: