Saturday, May 21, 2011

Assessment of Announced Candidates for President as of 5/21/2011, Updated 11 PM

Updated 11:00 pm 5/21/2011 after I found out that Herman Cain formally announced that he is running for President.

Hat tip goes to OneNewsNow.com for the pictures of the candidates. You can read a more in-depth account of what the candidates are saying here. 

All of the announced candidates in the race for Presidents are listed below.  They are listing in my preferred order of ability and preparation for service in that most important office. There is a reason why I list the incumbent last. if the election were held today amoung the announce candidates I could only vote for two of the following candidates, that would be Herman Cain and Dr. Paul.

 
Earlier today C-Span reported that Herman Cain announced that he was running for President. When I initially wrote this article I was unaware that Mr. Cain was running. I listened to his 30 minute announcement speech, which he made in Atlanta. He immediately rises to the top of my list. Here is  why I think he is the best candidate in the current field,, listen to his words from today's speech, "Is America ready for a real leader, or (does she want to stay with) a (Teleprompter) reader?" That is powerful stuff. This guy is a social as well as a fiscal conservative. I would rate him an A as Presidential material.


 
Congressman Ron Paul is strong on fiscal conservative issues, he wants to get control of the Federal Reserve, he questions our entanglements overseas. I would rate him a C+ candidate as Presidential material.

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich has some good ideas, but he also has some very bad ideas. He turned me off forever when he joined with Nancy Pelosi in support of Global Warming. This is inexcusable for a Conservative. He is too inconsistent for me. I would rate him a D- candidate as Presidential material.

I don't know too much about this former Governor. His performance in the first GOP debate in South Carolina a few weeks ago showed that he was much to libertarian for me. He seemed to be very weak on the key social issues. I would rate him an F candidate as Presidential material.

I know too much about this candidate. Prior to his election in 2008 Barack Obama was the least qualified, most inexperienced, and least prepared. He has proven over the past 2 1/2 years to be even more inept and inappropriate for this nation's highest office  than when he was elected. He remains the least qualified and inexperienced. He is literally a vehicle being used by George Soros and the Left to destroy this nation. He must be defeated. I look at him as having served Jimmy Carter's second term, therefore, he is term-limited! He is un-rate-able as a candidate to continue as President.

No comments:

Post a Comment