Sunday, December 07, 2014

Am I a Fascist or a Conservative?

In a "conversation" I am having with a commenter on AlterNet.org that person called me a fascist. Here is how I responded to him or her:

Fascism - "a political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation (THE STATE) and often race ABOVE THE INDIVIDUAL and that stands for a CENTRALIZED AUTOCRATIC government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation (REGULATIONS), and forcible suppression of opposition." This sounds more like the progressive thinking, policy, and agenda to me.

 
Conservatism - "a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change; specifically : such a philosophy calling for LOWER TAXES, LIMITED government regulation of business and investing, a strong national defense, and INDIVIDUAL financial responsibility for personal needs (as retirement income or health-care coverage)."

 
You err when you call me a fascist. I am proudly a conservative.


No comments:

Post a Comment