Sunday, December 24, 2006

My Dad, a Man of God


M.S.K., Sr.

1916 -2006

O n Friday, December 22, 2006 I arrived at my 90 year-old dad’s home about 6:00 p.m. The house lights were off. The porch light was also off. This was highly unusual. I grabbed the mail and unlocked the door. Entering the front room the chair, in which my dad always sits, was vacant. That was strange, too. I wondered where dad was. After turning on the light I saw him lying on the floor motionless.

He used to say, “We know that all things work together for good to those that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.” Dad was baptized, but wasn’t saved at that time. A few years later as a teenager of around 14, he received Jesus into his heart and was born again. Everything was different thereafter. Even the colors seemed more vivid to dad then.

TRUE EDUCATION

In grade school I could see God in dad’s life. There was knowledge of God and of His Scripture with an accurate understanding of the Bible that few people possess today. I imagine that many of the founders of America had this kind of familiarity with and working knowledge of the Bible that my dad had. Dad’s biblical knowledge inspired me at an early age. One day I had a question and went to dad. He went to the Bible and opened it and there was the answer clearly written in Scripture. After two more times of going to dad to find out what the Bible had to say about certain things, I stopped asking dad questions, believing that the Bible did have the answers to my questions, and searched the Scriptures for myself. This is how I learned God’s Word.

ON THE JOB

One day while driving to Tillotson Manufacturing in Toledo, where dad used to work, and he thought to himself, “Why don’t we see more miracles today?” He got to work, opened the door and walked in 30 minutes late. Everyone just starred at him. The door had been locked 30 minutes earlier!

Working in sanding carburetors the bosses would come into his room and harass him. So, he told Satan he had to stay out and dad marked a line in the doorway saying the bosses can come in but you devils have to stay out. After that the bosses walked into the room and walked back out and glared at him through the doorway. Dad had that kind of relationship with God.

This taught me to speak in tongues, to pray to God, and to take authority over Satan, and binding him in the name of Jesus and to order him away whenever I encounter a difficult or dangerous situation.

MILITARY MATTERS

God worked in dad’s behalf. In World War II dad was assigned to the 97th Evacuation Hospital, which was made up mostly of Jews. By having a holy man in their midst God protected His people, the Jews, on Dad’s behalf. During the Battle of the Bulge, the Evacuation Hospital had to move and Maude Keiser (dad’s mother, my grandmother) had a dream where dad was laying down in dress uniform and a German tank drove up to where dad way laying and stopped. Grandma then knew all would be well in the Ardennes Forest. The German’s didn’t understand how dad’s was “Keiser” and he was on the American side.

In 1972 when I was in Vietnam in the infantry, dad was never concerned about me. He was confident God would protect me.

IMPORTANCE OF SPIRITUAL LIFE

In 1980 dad helped me overcome demonic spirits that were in me. He with Dan Ross put hands on me and prayed. Tongues began going through my mind and that began my deliverance from demon spirits. One day dad pointed his finger at me and spoke in tongues and the evil spirits shot out of me, but not all of them. Over a period of years the rest were cast out of me by Jesus.

Dad believed in divine healing and wanted God’s touch on him rather than to rely on man’s medicine so he stopped taking his medicines and refused any outside help, God could have healed dad but He took him home to heaven instead. Dad made it “home” just in time to celebrate Christmas with Jesus in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment