Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Though None Go With Me (2006)


Though None Go With Me is a made-for-TV movie. It is based on a book by best-selling author Jerry B. Jenkins. It stars Cheryl Ladd. The following description comes form the back cover of the movie's DVD case.

"(The movie) is a heartwarming and inspiring story of Elizabeth Leroy Bishop (Cheryl Ladd) . . . a remarkable woman whose faith is tested with each tragedy endured on an extraordinary life journey.

"It is 1951 and America is caught in the Korean War, but a world away in (the small town of) Three Rivers. Elizabeth . . . is caught in her own personal struggle. she longs to escape her small town life and set out in pursuit of a career but a twist of fate and the promise of true love forces her to stay. She meets the town's new handsome and devout minister (Ben) with whom she quickly falls in love and plans to marry, but when he leaves for Korea to do God's work, she is heartbroken. The events that follow alter Elizabeth's life forever and truly tests her faith and inner strength, but her resilience as well."

I enjoyed being transported back in time to the year 1951. Everything was different, the clothes, the cars, the cuisine. It was a more courteous and civilized day. Indeed, it was a day when there was less Hollywood corrupted American values and where men were men and not transgendered or bisexualized or feminized like many are today. It was a time when marriage was between one man and one woman and it was mostly a life-long contract with no no-fault divorce rampant as it is nowadays. It was an era when God was still welcomed in our society and not shunned and mocked as He is so often today.

The movie demonstrated a stark contrast between now and then. America has not progressed the last 60 years, but declined and degenerated. 21st century liberalism has eaten away at the virtues and values that made American the envy of the world. The faith of Elizabeth is not as common as it once was 50 or 100 or 200 years ago. However, there remains a remnant and that remnant those Elizabeths and Bens with true believing faith is the last best hope for America.

RATING

gregjaye rates this movie a ***** out of *****

SOURCE

The title of the movie comes from the song, "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus." The lyrics from that song follows:

I have decided, to follow Jesus,
I have decided, to follow Jesus,
I have decided, to follow Jesus,
No turning back, no turning back.

Though I may wonder, I still will follow,
Though I may wonder, I still will follow,
Though I may wonder, I still will follow,
No turning back, no turning back.

Though none go with me, still I will follow,
Though none go with me, still I will follow,
Though none go with me, still I will follow,
No turning back, no turning back!

The world behind me, the cross before me,
The world behind me, the cross before me,
The world behind me, the cross before me,
No turning back, no turning back!

Will you decide now, to follow Jesus,
Will you decide now, to follow Jesus,
Will you decide now, to follow Jesus,
No turning back, no turning back!

No comments:

Post a Comment