Sunday, August 07, 2011

The Whole Armor of God, Part14D

Today I conclude my series of articles commenting on the concepts and principles involved in the Armor of God, which the Apostle Paul described in the New Testament. This is the topic of the Sunday school lesson, which I am currently teaching.


















The power of His might.

As children of God our confidence is not self-confidence, but rather confidence in God. We trust that God is working in us, through us, and around us for our good. This is why the Psalmist can write, “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? ” (Psalm 27:1). Without our realizing it, God works through the children of God to perform what any particular individual child of God has faith in God to accomplish. It seems like when we are doing the tasks at hand, which we have to do, but in reality it is actually God supplying the strength and ability to accomplish any task.
We are given promises by God which allows us to become partakers of His divine power.

II Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
The first promise of course is salvation.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
We have the promise that God will not leave us.

Hebrews 13:5c I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
We have the promise of cleansing and forgiveness if we sin after receiving Christ.
I John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
We can go to God with any care or problem that we have.

I Peter 5:5c, 6, 7 God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
We have healing of our bodies through Jesus Christ
I Peter 2:24c … by whose stripes ye were healed.
We have been given power and authority over demons and diseases.

Luke 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
Our names are written in heaven.

Luke 10:17-20 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

The apostolic authority extends to each believer to this day.

Matthew 28:18, 19, 20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
.
One who is born-again becomes a part of the Body of Jesus Christ (His Church) and now has the right to exercise the power of God in Jesus' name. If yoU want to be a part of the Body of Christ, then you can do so by repenting of your sins and by inviting Him into your life. A sample prayer that you can use is, “Lord Jesus Christ forgive me of my sins and come into my heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment