Thursday, January 04, 2007

Mixing Religion and Politics, Part 1: Introduction

Some Christians say that it’s dangerous to mix religion and politics. I don’t know exactly what they mean by this, and I’ve never heard any of them giving any scriptural proof of it anyway. Furthermore these same Christians accuse me of forcing or imposing my values on other people, when it is they who are doing it. They are not real Christians, but believers in the Religion of the State. The doctrines of the Religion of the State are evolution, moral relativism, environmentalism, advertising to children “safe” ways to commit fornication, and the establishment of “God-free zones” called public schools which are used as a means of propagating this religion. So it’s not a question of whether to mix religion and politics. The question is…which religion?

I will examine the doctrine of evolution first in my next article.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:33 PM

    Funny how you simply make one unjustified claim after another. NONE of the things you list are "doctrines of the state". They are simply a load of nonsense that you heard your preacher and other fanatical creationists recite.

    ReplyDelete