Action Taken on 10 of 15 Agenda Items Requested by Abortion Advocates
Washington, D.C. – Today (Wednesday, 4/29/09) the Susan B. Anthony List commented on the achievement of the Obama Administration in fulfilling 10 of 15 agenda items outlined in a December report from over 50 abortion-rights organizations submitted to the Obama-Biden transition team:
“President Barack Obama spoke of finding ‘common ground’ on abortion policy, but abortion advocates groups clearly have an open door,” said Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser. “It’s only been 100 days, but President Obama has managed to check off ten of the fifteen demands of the abortion industry. This is the most aggressive, pro-abortion administration in decades. Yet pro-life activists are more energized than ever to defend women and unborn children at every opportunity. The Obama Administration should be prepared – commonsense abortion policy like the Hyde Amendment will not be repealed without a fight by pro-life Americans.”
Last December the Obama-Biden Transition Project posted a report compiled by over 50 abortion advocacy groups detailing extensive policy requests. The report, entitled “Advancing Reproductive Rights and Health in a New Administration,” was posted on www.change.gov and calls for major policy reversals regarding abortion, including a timeline of actions for the first 100 Days. Among those actions, the following ten have been achieved or are in progress:
- Reverse the pro-life Mexico City Policy - Accomplished by Executive Order on January 23, 2009.
- Restore funding to the UNFPA - Accomplished in the FY 2009 Appropriations Omnibus bill; Increased funding 25% to $50 million. More funding requested For FY 2010.
- Increase Title X Funding (Planned Parenthood Funding Stream) to $700M - Title X Domestic Family Planning received an increase of about $7.5 million for a total of $307M.(2.5% increase) More requested for FY 2010.
- Rescind Conscience Protections for Medical Providers - Rule reversal published in the Federal Register on March 9, 2009.
- Strike Abortion Budgetary Restrictions – Kemp-Kasten language limiting funds for organizations connected to coercive abortion practices weakened in FY 2009 budget.
- Provide $1B for International Family Planning - International Family Planning received an increase of $88 million for a total of $545 million. (19% percent increase over $457 million in FY08).
- Select Pro-Abortion Judicial Nominees – David Hamilton nominated for U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Choose Pro-Abortion Federal Appointees – Achieved with nominations of Kathleen Sebelius, Janet Napolitano, David Ogden, Elena Kagan, Ellen Moran, Dawn Johnsen, and more.
- Review Policies that Restrict Access to Emergency Contraception – FDA approved access to Plan B for 17 year olds.
- Reduce the Cost of Birth Control at College Health Centers – Nominal drug pricing for university and community clinics included in FY 2009 Budget.
Among the great number of evils perpetrated by the new Soetoro aka Obama Administration during it first 100 days in office, none is greater than the alleged President's consistent resolve to protect, foster and force a pro-death agenda on this country. Soetoro alias Obama is even more radical than the most radical pro-death advocate in the entire U.S. Senate. This great wickedness rivals, domestically, the terror and havoc caused America of the Islamo-fascists on that fateful day in September of 2001. Essentially, Soetoro aka Obama He has declared a jihad on American babies, especially black babies in the mold of eugenicist Margaret Sanger.
I am truly fearful of what will happen to America if the eligibility suits fail to prevent this man from serving out his full term in office unrestrained by morality, truth and a respect for life and liberty.