Sunday, May 17, 2009

Invitation to Evil



Randall Terry, a Pro-Life leader and long-time activist and advocate, drafted a resignation letter for Father John Jenkins' use. Jenkins is the President of the University of Notre Dame, where the alleged President of the United States, Barry Soetoro aka Barack Obama, spoke this afternoon. Terry feels that as a result of this foolish and controversial invitation, and resulting protest and outcry by Catholics and Christians in America and around the world, Jenkins will be forced to resign. Here is Terry's suggested draft resignation letter for Jenkins:


May 18, 2009




To the Board of Trustees:

When I took holy vows as a priest, I had high hopes and deep desires to serve Christ and His Church with valor, and without watering in fidelity.

Regrettably, I have failed in my duty as a priest, and brought much scandal and confusion to the faithful.
.

My decision to acquiesce to the urging of others to invite President Obama to speak at our 2009 commencement - even though I knew he was openly defiant of our Lord's commandment, "Thou shalt not murder," and that as President he has personally authorized the shedding of innocent blood in America and around the world - shows that my moral compass has been badly damaged.

It is clear that I do not possess the internal fortitude to resist the machinations of those who promote child-killing, and who seek to tear apart Christ's beloved bride. I am not fit to lead this institution in the battles to defend God's innocents, and Catholic orthodoxy.

After much reflection, as an act of contrition before our Lord, His Church, Our Lady, the holy men who founded Notre Dame, and the million of innocent children who have been slaughtered by abortion, I hereby tender my resignation as President of Notre Dame University, effective immediately.

Please pray for me.



Father John I Jenkins, CSC

No comments:

Post a Comment