The Hate Crime law, S.909 (and HR 1913), the "Hate Crimes" bill, will make 30 sexual orientations federally-protected. The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has published 30 such sexual orientations that, because of Congress's refusal to define "sexual orientation," will be protected under this legislation. These 30 orientations are listed in the APA's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV), which is used by physicians, psychologists, social workers, nurses, and psychiatrists throughout the U.S. It is considered the dictionary of mental disorders. Those 30 sexual orientations include behaviors that are felonies or misdemeanors in most states.
Among those sexual orientations being protected by S.909 (and HR 1913) are these:
- Apotemnophilia - sexual arousal associated with the stump(s) of an Amputee
- Asphyxophilia - sexual gratification derived from activities that involve oxygen deprivation through hanging, strangulation, or other means
- Autogynephilia - the sexual arousal of a man by his own perception of himself as a woman or dressed as a woman
- Bisexual - the capacity to feel erotic attraction toward, or to engage in sexual interaction with, both males and females
- Coprophilia - sexual arousal associated with feces Exhibitionism - the act of exposing one’s genitals to an unwilling observer to obtain sexual gratification Fetishism/Sexual Fetishism - obtaining sexual excitement primarily or exclusively from an inanimate object or a particular part of the body
- Frotteurism - approaching an unknown woman from the rear and pressing or rubbing the penis against her buttocks
- Heterosexuality - the universal norm of sexuality with those of the opposite sex
- Homosexual/Gay/Lesbian - people who form sexual relationships primarily or exclusively with members of their own gender
- Gender Identity Disorder - a strong and persistent cross-gender identification, which is the desire to be, or the insistence that one is, or the other sex, "along with" persistent discomfort about one’s assigned sex or a sense of the inappropriateness in the gender role of that sex
Gerontosexuality - distinct preference for sexual relationships primarily or exclusively with an elderly partner
- Incest - sex with a sibling or parent
- Pedophilia - Sexual activity with a prepubescent child (generally age 13 years or younger). The individual with pedophilia must be age 16 years or older and at least 5 years older than the child. For individuals in late adolescence with pedophilia, no precise age difference is specified, and clinical judgment must be used; both the sexual maturity of the child and the age difference must be taken into account; the adult may be sexually attracted to opposite sex, same sex, or prefer either
- Prostitution - the act or practice of offering sexual stimulation or intercourse for money
- Sexual Masochism - obtaining sexual gratification by being subjected to pain or humiliation
- Sexual Sadism - the intentional infliction of pain or humiliation on another person in order to achieve sexual excitement
- Telephone Scatalogia - sexual arousal associated with making or receiving obscene phone calls
- Toucherism - characterized by a strong desire to touch the breast or genitals of an unknown woman without her consent; often occurs in conjunction with other paraphilia
- Transgenderism - an umbrella term referring to and/or covering transvestitism, drag queen/king, and transsexualism
- Transsexual - a person whose gender identity is different from his or her anatomical gender Transvestite - a person who is sexually stimulated or gratified by wearing the clothes of the other gender
- Transvestic Fetishism - intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving cross-dressing
- Urophilia - sexual arousal associated with urine
- Voyeurism - obtaining sexual arousal by observing people without their consent when they are undressed or engaged in sexual activity
- Zoophilia/Bestiality - engaging in sexual activity with animals
The Senate has refused to define the term "sexual orientation," which means that all the above sexual orientations are protected. There is still time to combat this bill if you act now:
1. Sign the Petition to Congress against "Hate Crimes" laws.
2. Please forward this information to all your family and friends.
3. Call your two senators today and request that he or she vote NO on S.909. For the direct line to your senators office, click here:
http://capwiz.com/afanet/callalert/index.tt?alertid=13282571&type=CO or call the Capitol Switchboard number, (202) 224-3121, and ask to be connected to your Senator.
4 Continue to pray against this dangerous piece of legislation.