The expected fall House cleaning on Tuesday, November 2, 2010 must include the defeat of five incumbent Democrats. The five that need to be sent packing are:
· OH-01: Fire Steve Driehaus (D) Hire Steve Chabot (R)
· OH-13: Unseat Betty Sutton (D) Welcome Tom Ganley (R)
· OH-15: Let Go Mary Jo Kilroy (D) Bring Back Steve Stivers (R)
· OH-16: Bye Bye John Boccieri (D) Say Hi to Jim Renacci (R)
· OH-18: Send Off Zack Space (D) Elect Bob Gibbs (R)
Here is why
In fact, on all of the 8 important issues listed below Representatives Driehaus, Sutton and Kilroy voted YES on all 8 matters. Congressman Boccieri voted NO on only one of the eight matters, while Congressman Space voted NO a whopping twice. Here are the issues.
2009-10 Congressional Scorecard for these Issues:
1. “American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009” (Stimulus bill) February 13, 2009
2. “Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act” April 29, 2009
3. “American Clean Energy and Security Act” (Cap-and-Trade Emissions Limits) June 26, 2009
4. “Financial Industry Regulation” (financial ‘reform,’ creates new government agency, large expansion of regulation) Dec.
5. “Affordable Health Care for America Act” (House version of ObamaCare) Nov. 7. 2009
6. “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” (Senate version of ObamaCare) March 21,
7. Murphy Amendment to the Defense Authorizations Act (Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” Policy)
8. DISCLOSE Act (would place restrictions on organizational election activity) June 24, 2010
Hat tip goes to Faith2Action.com for compiling the votes on the issues for the incumbents discussed above.
Interestingly, two of the 5 candidates, Driehaus and Sutton are mentioned tonight in a Politico.com article, "House: The Daily 10." Ohio is being watched nationally. It is a key state in this election as it has been in other recent elections.