Sunday, September 21, 2008

Matt, What Are You Thinking? Part 2

First, I do not agree with all of the things that Sam stated in his comments to you and to your article.

Second, I would not want you to stop writing for this blog. I do not think that Sam would want you to stop either. You bring a different perspective. We all bring our own points of view to the discussion. We do not have to agree on everything. I knew that you were not a supporter of the War in Iraq. However, to me that is not the most major issue America faces. It is the continued atrocity of abortion and the protection and preservation of one-man and one-woman marriage. Those two issues are of paramount importance. On these we all would agree. That is what is critical to me.

Third, I tend to agree with you on McCain. I think that both Obama and McCain would make poor, even bad presidents. Right now, a month-and-one-half away from the elections I would not vote for McCain either. Sam says he would, given the options. I can’t say either one of you is 100% correct. We have to do what we individually feel is right.

I looked up Ron Paul’s votepact.com alternative that you suggested. I think it is a good idea in theory. However, I agree with President Ronald Reagan approach regarding nuclear arms reduction agreements – trust, but verify. That would be the problem, agreeing with a Democrat to both vote third party, but having him or her do something different in the voting booth is my concern. I am still wrestling with the issue of whom, if anyone, I will vote for President in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment