Monday, December 27, 2010

Ambassador John Bolton Eyes White House Run in 2012

I was initially excited when I read a Newsmax.com news note, which had been emailed to me, about former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton's consideration of running for the GOP nomination for President in 2012 …


“Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton, who never has held elective office, says he is seriously considering running for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012.““As I survey the situation, I think the Republican field is wide open,” Bolton told Politico
“I don’t think the party’s anywhere close to a decision. And stranger things have happened. For example, inexperienced senators from Illinois have gotten presidential nominations,” he added, alluding to Barack Obama’s presidential success.
"Bolton’s strength would be in foreign policy and national security, given his history with the U.N., the U.S. Agency for International Development, and the State Department under both presidents Bush…
“He favors shrinking the federal government, opposes abortion except in cases of rape or incest, and supports legalizing [same-sex] marriage and the repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell.””


Unfortunately, to me Bolton disqualifies himself with his less than 100% pro-life position and his support for two pillars of the homosexual agenda. I could not vote for him no matter how good he might be in other areas such as reducing the size of government and his very strong foreign affairs experience . .. 

No comments:

Post a Comment