Sunday, January 22, 2012

Crowning Rewards

The most important part of human life is the Lord Jesus Christ.  With Him we have eternal life.  Without Him there is only eternal death, permanent separation from God.  As John the Apostle has written:

And this is the record that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God (I John 5:11-13).

With Jesus we can do good works which glorify God.  Paul wrote that God has before ordained works for us to do. 

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them (Ephesians 2:10).

One day we shall all stand before the Judgment seat of Christ (Romans 4:10c). For it is written:

As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God (Romans 14:11-12).

For the good works we do we shall receive rewards.  Among these are crowns:

1.       The Crown of Righteousness  II Timothy 4:8

2.      The Crown  of Life Revelation 2:10; James 1:12

3.      The Crown of Glory I Peter 5:4

4.      The Crown of Rejoicing I Thessalonians 2:19

Would you like a Crown?  First, you need to receive Jesus into your heart.  Then, we are to live in obedience to Him.  A sample prayer to receive Jesus is, “Lord Jesus Christ, forgive me of my sin and come into my heart.”



No comments:

Post a Comment