Sunday, January 08, 2012

There are Three Types of Death, Part 3

This blog article is part three of my four-part series on the types of death faced by each human being. To see my previous articles in this series click here.
 























Spiritual Death, Physical Death, Eternal Death


The eternal death is when anyone who has not received the Lord Jesus Christ into their heart, and is when whose name is not found written in the Lord’s Book of Life will be cast into the Lake of Fire, eternally separated from God.

Some will ask if there is a literal heaven or a literal hell or lake of fire?  Yes, according to the Holy Bible.  “The Lord looks down from Heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand and seek God” (Psalms 14:2).  “And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man” (John 1:51).  “For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ (Philippians 3:20).”

Is there a lake of fire or hell?  Yes. “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20:14, 15).

“Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.  Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren” (I John 3:15, 16).

“When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:  And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:  And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.  Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, ‘Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:’” (Matthew 25:31-34, 41).

False teachers will deny the reality of the final judgment.  The Bible teaches in Hebrews 9:27, “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”  Unbelievers will stand at the Great White Throne Judgment because they have not believed on or received the Lord Jesus Christ, and their names are not written in the Lamb’s Book of Life and they will have to face eternal death in the lake of Fire” (Revelation 20:11-15).

What if a person believed in God but not in The Lord Jesus Christ?  “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:6).  “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” (I Timothy 2:5); “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (The Lord Jesus Christ), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one” (I John 5:7).    

Do you want your name written in the Book of Life?  Then pray this simple prayer,  “God, I am sorry for my sin.  I turn from my sin right now.  I thank you for sending Jesus to die on the cross for my sin and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be my Lord, Savior, and Friend.”

No comments:

Post a Comment