Friday, February 29, 2008
“Created back in March of 2007, Cross Action News.com has become the one-stop-shop for news that affects Christian Conservatives. People from all over the world are discovering Cross Action News' comprehensive approach to news from all over the globe. The site was created to inform Christian Conservatives about various news that the MSM fails to report. There are "news of the day" articles, but mostly what you will find on Cross Action News is stories that are usually buried on the back pages. With strict attention to detail, each story is hand-picked to give the reader a comprehensive view of the stories that Christian Conservatives need to be aware of.
”Cross Action News.com focuses on Christian Issues, Israel, Domestic and International News, Middle East news, Terrorism, The Culture War, Christian Persecution, Editorials and much more.
”Cross Action News has been called the Drudge Report for Christians. It is constantly updated and does not shy away from controversial stories like abortion, the homosexual agenda and terrorism.
”With nationally syndicated writers, Cross Action News is a must see on your journey through the World Wide Web. It is controversial minus the beer and lingerie ads.”
Check out www.CrossActionNews.com
“Chelsea Clinton says she has no plans to move back into the White House.
“I wouldn’t worry about it Chelsea.”
- - - NewsBusted, Episode 144
Senator Barack Hussein Obama seems to have the nomination locked up. The nation is being swept by Obamania for some unfathomable reason. The final nails may be driven into the Clinton Political Machine’s coffin next Tuesday in Ohio and Texas.
Senator Hillary Diane Rodham-Clinton will secure the nomination only if something were to happen to the BaRockStar. Come to think of it, that eventuality may not be beyond the dirty tricks of the Clinton Political Machine. That is how desperate the Clintons want back in that old house. Stay tuned.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
In this post, I would like to comment on some of Ron Paul’s answers that some people may not understand. Most of these questions have to with stem cell research, cloning, and such.
1. What form of stem cell research would you permit access to federal funds?
• Therapeutic cloning (SCNT)• Adult stem cell research• Leftover embryos derived from in vitro fertilization• Embryo destructive research• Human/animal hybrids• Umbilical cord blood banks
It says under Ron Paul’s name “Did Not Answer”, but this is because he is against federally funding of any of these types of research. He did in fact, vote against federal funding of embryonic stem cell research.
2. Would you support a federal law prohibiting states from engaging in research in which (or which relies on research in which) a human embryo is destroyed?
Ron Paul answered “no”. He is known for his strong beliefs in states rights. But there is another reason for saying “no”. Why have a law specifically prohibiting research? Why not just say that all human life from conception onward should be protected under the law (as Ron Paul has already said). If such a law would not prohibit the destruction of human embryos, but only the research, then it would be completely meaningless. He explains why such a law would be heavy-handed here. Ron Paul’s Sanctity of Life Act, if it had passed, would have actually protected human embryos from destruction.
3. Would you support a federal law prohibiting human cloning?
Ron Paul answered “no”. He did in fact vote against such a law. First of all, though human cloning is an abhorrent procedure, it doesn’t necessarily involve the killing of a human being, and therefore, in these cases, does not violate anyone’s constitutional rights. Secondly, we don't need a specific law for every procedure which does harm to an individual. This issue should be left up to the states.
4. Would you support, and continue, President Bush’s ban on the use of federal funds for research on human embryonic stem cell lines created after August 2001?
Ron Paul answered “no”. I don’t know why, but again, look at his voting record.
5. In light of the recent scientific discoveries regarding skin cells would you support/oppose continuing federal funding of destructive embryonic stem cell research?
Ron Paul gave no answer. Probably because he thinks that recent discoveries are irrelevant.
6. Would you support laws requiring abortion clinics to show all women an ultrasound image of their unborn baby?
Ron Paul gave no answer. These laws neither bring justice to killers nor protect the unborn.
7. Would you support or oppose a federal parental notification law?
Ron Paul said “oppose”. Again this law takes the focus off of what the real issue is—murder. Parental rights have traditionally been an area in which the states have sole authority.
8. Will you support the continuation of the Faith Based Initiative (on the federal level) to guarantee the right of religious social service providers to access federal programs on an equal basis?
Ron Paul said “no”. Government should stay get of the “social service” business altogether. The reasons he gives here are the similar to Alan Keyes statements on this issue.
9. Do you support or oppose federal legislation limiting the ability of government to take private land for private development purposes?
Ron Paul said “support”. Huckabee and McCain gave no answer.
Ron Paul also said that he opposed a Constitutional Amendment to define marriage as “one man and one woman” only. Of course he is not in favor of gay marriage, same-sex civil unions, or the like. I explained his opposition to the FMA in a previous post, in which I provided a link to Ron’s opinion on this issue in his own words. Also read this link (scroll down to where it says, “Protect all voluntary associations; don't define marriage”).
For the rest of the questions, Ron Paul gave answers that you would expect a conservative to give.
The presidential candidate portion of the survey I found to be disappointing. One could answer all the questions favorably (from a pro-life standpoint) and still be a total pro-abort. The local candidate questions are better. If you don’t live in Ohio, but want to see more of this survey, click here for republican candidates and here for democratic candidates.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Joe Kingman is an aging football star who plays for the Boston Rebels. He is living a life of luxury as a bachelor who finds out that he is that father of an 8-year-year-old daughter from his past marriage. He is on the verge of going into the football playoffs when his daughter shows up at his door. He never even knew he had a daughter.
The movie is a wholesome, family, sports, and all around entertaining picture. It is a highly rated family flick.
There innocence of the little girl meets the worldliness and self-centeredness of a pompous and pampered athlete. Joe Kingman begins to learn what is involved in being a father. The little girl experiences what it is like to have a father. There’s the ballet school, fixing dinner, and the Super Bowl.
The movie really puts life priorities in proper perspective.
I rate the movie a ****1/2 out of *****. Rent or buy the movie, you won’t be disappointed. It shows the trials and tribulations and rewards of fatherhood.
DEBRIEFING THE CSU DEBATE
Last night the 90 minute debate was the third mano-a-mano confrontation between Senators Barack Hussein Obama and Hillary Diane Rodham-Clinton. The radical social activist versus the radical socialist and feminist, both who are representatives of the most left wing faction of the Democrat Party.
Senator Hillary Rodham-Clinton was handicapped by the Clinton legacy, her own unimpressive record and herself, her character and her lack of same.
Hillary Diane Rodham-Clinton reminded me of a smart but extremely spoiled-rotten little elementary school girl, who when called on by her teacher (the debate moderator in this case) who just happened to give her the first substantial question. She responded by saying that it wasn’t FAIR that “I am ALWAYS given the question first in these debates.” In the words of the immortal Charlie Brown, “Why is everybody always pickin’ on me?” “Waaah, Waaah, Waaah.”
Well, Senator Rodham-Clinton, suck it up. As president life it will definitely not be fair. Get a grip. Islamic terrorists may cause a 9/11 event to happen minutes or months after you take office. That wouldn’t be “fair” now would it? Your nation may be struck with a 100 year devastating natural disaster. That wouldn’t be “fair,” either, would it? Grow up Senator. Your pompous pampered princess prance to the presidency is now over.
UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE, A FREE LUNCH FOR ALL
Barack Hussein Obama smashed Hillary Diane Rodham-Clinton with his cool reserve and his subtlety cutting comebacks. He was on the offensive. She was on the defensive. She was beating a dead horse, universal socialist healthcare. He convincingly pretended to be that dashing prince charming riding in the white universal healthcare hearse. Universal healthcare was a bad idea in 1993 when hyphenated Hillary stealthily tried to usher it into the country, it is still a bad idea when it is openly proclaimed as dogma by these to extremely liberal socialists. Neither has said how they will pay for it, nor do they realize how negatively it would impact quality of medical care across the board.
NAFTA GOOD AND BAD
On another issue I think they both are now opposed to NAFTA. Hyphenated Hillary was originally in favor of it when she was “co-President” with husband Bill, but now opposes it now that she was in Ohio, where it has negatively Ohio and its economy. B-rated Barack said he was universally opposed to NAFTA.
Hyphenated Hillary says she would be tough on terrorists. But she would immediately within 60 days begin to pull one battalion out a month of of Iraq until we are completely out of Iraq. B-rated BaRockStar would bomb Al Qaeda in Parkistan if he discovered their hideouts with or without Pakistani assistance. According to Hyphenated Hillary she says B-rated BaRockStar would sit down and talk to our enemies without any preconditions. She essentially said B-rated BaRockStar lacked foreign experience. She, on the other hand, had traveled and visited 80 countries and is a much more experienced world traveler. Wow.
THEY PROVED ONE THING TO ME
What both of these candidates proved is that neither one is qualified nor ready to serve as president. They both really scare me with the extremism of their liberal ideas and their vast collective inexperience and the fact that they are so out of touch with reality.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
I will be watching the debate with interest. I graduated from Cleveland State University, where the debate will be held tonight. The school has probably not had as much liberals assembled on campus since the Vietnam War protest days. I am glad I’ll be 100 miles away from that bloody gunfight.
THE REAL RIGHT WING BY EMMANUEL WINNER
It is time for Right-Wing politicos admit that
1. they do not believe, and refuse to abide by, the Constitution of the United States;
2. they do not believe and refuse to observe that those who are not rich have the same rights as those who are;
3. they do not believe that the lives of those who are not rich have the same value as those who are, especially during wartime;
4. they do believe that symbols of the country (e.g., flag-pins) have more importance than the substance that is the country, because they can be used to guide and the uneducated;
5. they do believe that the Old Testament is the fundamental book of Christianity, that the New Testament adds nothing to it, and that the practical accumulation of wealth is more important than any Biblical morality;
6. they do believe that language, religion, intelligence, and the capacity to accumulate wealth are, or ought to be, passed to us through birth (and hence constitute a birth-right).
All I am asking is that they come all the way out of the closet, proclaim these as their basic principles, and present their case honestly to the American people. If we are going to put an end to our Representative Democracy and give it over to an oligarchic republic for and by the wealthy, may we at least have one honest, reasonable referendum on this issue? Just as a matter of courtesy to the memory of the Founders who made it possible for us to be here?
I don't see how Right Wingers can claim to be patriots any other way - because otherwise, they are traitors.
A LIBERAL POINT OF VIEW BY GREGJAYE
Thank you Mr. Winner, I appreciate your comments, even though I thoroughly disagree with them. It was interesting, I posted my reply to his post on his blog (which was identical to what he commented on Sam's article) and my comment was removed as apparently "being inaccurate, off-topic and inflamitory." I could say the same thing about your remarks, Mr. Winner. So much for tolerance on the part of the far liberal left!
Here are my thoughts in response to your comments above:
1. Sorry, but it is liberal activist judges who are destroying the U.S. Constitution with their (mis)interpretation. They put their own political agenda above the original intent of the Founding Fathers. Roe v. Wade is a breach of the U.S. Constitution. The judiciary is not supposed to make law, only the legislative branch. The U.S. Supreme Court usurped the authority of the legislative branch. This was and is wrong.
2. Every American has the same rights and opportunities. All men are endowed by their Creator with unalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Our rights come from God, not from the State. America is the land of opportunity and freedom.
3. There are many cases where poor whites, blacks or Hispanics, Vietnamese, etc. through hard work and effort have obtained the American Dream. This is the Hope and the Dream and the Opportunity America offers.
4. Conservatives also believe in true patriotism not in pins. Conservatives believe in principles such as: small or limited government, personal responsibility and accountability, keeping taxes low for everyone, rich or poor, a culture of life (as opposed to a culture of death that includes abortion and euthanasia)
5. Many conservatives believe that this country was founded by Christians who knew their Judeo-Christian Bibles, read and lived by it, both Old and New Testaments. They recognized the authority and wisdom of the entire bible not select portions that fit their particular philosophical or political viewpoint. Our Founders believed in absolute truth. Most conservatives believe that Abortion is wrong, that homosexual behavior is wrong, that it is unnatural, immoral and unhealthy.
6. Conservatives believe in assimilation of LEGAL immigrants into the American culture. We welcome all; however, multiculturalism leads to Balkanization, which leads to disunity and conflict. English should be the only official language of this culture. Government business, voting, road signs etc should be conducted only in English.
Mr. Winner, the six 'principles' you enumerate in your rant above are not representative of conservative principles. Again conservatives stand for small government, limited spending, low taxes for everyone, LEGAL immigration, original intent in the interpretation of the U.S. Constitution. We believe in the sanctity life from conception to NATURAL death. Conservatives believe in freedom of religion including the free expression of religion in the public square including the Christian faith.
Overall your post misrepresents what you call the “Right Wing”, but to which I prefer to refer to as Conservatism.
“There is one bit of good news, though, she is now an honorary Dixie Chick.”
- - - NewsBusted, Episode 143
See an earlier post regarding MichelleO's put down of America.
Monday, February 25, 2008
CLINTONIAN POLITICAL MACHINE IN ACTION?
According to an AOL.com news item, “The Associated Press photograph portrays Obama wearing a white turban and a wraparound white robe presented to him by elders in Wajir, in northeastern Kenya. Obama's estranged late father was Kenyan and Obama visited the country in 2006, attracting thousands of well-wishers.
"The gossip and news Web site The Drudge Report posted the photograph Monday and said it was being circulated by "Clinton staffers" and quoted an e-mail from an unidentified campaign aide.”Obama campaign manager David Plouffe immediately accused Clinton's campaign of "the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we've seen from either party in this election."
"Obama's foreign policy adviser, Susan Rice, said the circulation of the photograph was divisive and suggests "that the customs and cultures of other parts of the world are worthy of ridicule or condemnation . . ."
A post on the ABCNews.com blog reported, “ABC News' Teddy Davis and Jacqueline Klingebiel Report: During a Monday interview with ABC's Dallas affiliate, Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., did not flatly deny the DrudgeReport's charge that her campaign leaked a photo of rival Barack Obama in traditional African dress. . .
The ABCNews.com blog also stated “. . . During a Monday conference call with reporters, Clinton communications director Howard Wolfson said that the former first lady's campaign "did not sanction" the leaking of the photo. But he stopped short of denying whether a Clinton aide may have passed it to the DrudgeReport. . .”
PRAISES FROM BLACK MUSLIM FARRAKHAM
On the same day that someone in the Clinton Political Machine produced the photo the Associated Press reports a story about the infamous Nation of Islam minister’s characterization of Senator Obama as being the “hope of the entire world.”
Associated Press reports that Farrakhan, addressing some 20,000 people Sunday at the annual "Saviours' Day" celebration in Chicago, never explicitly endorsed Obama but spent most of a nearly two-hour speech praising the Illinois senator. AP says Farrakhan compared Obama to Nation of Islam founder Fard Muhammad, who also had a white mother and black father. He suggested that Obama "could turn out to be one who can lift America from her fall."
BEWARE OF WOLVES IN SHEEP WEAR
Farra-con makes quite a claim on behalf of this B-rated (because of his very limited experience) politico. I personally see nothing in Obama’s unimpressive political record to commend him as deserving to any degree the adulation being poured on him by Farrakham or by the crowds that naively and blindly cheer him. To the contrary Obama offers false hope and empty promises. He beguiles many unthinking and those eager to confer rock star status on Obama in order to worship him. Obama is a false prophet, a inexperienced politician and above all a radical socialist bent on moving America leftward. America should beware equally of Obama and Rodham-Clinton, they are both vicious wolves in sheep’s clothes.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Was man created immortal or mortal? This is the question we will be examining today from the Koran and from the Bible. Not surprisingly, the answers differ.
The God of the Koran created Adam mortal. This of course means that Eve was mortal as well. Several passages in the Koran point this out.
THE KORANIC ACCOUNT
“No man before you (Muhammad) have We made immortal. If you yourself are doomed to die, will they live forever? Every soul shall taste death. We will prove you all with evil and good. To us shall you return (1).” This verse shows that Satan is telling the truth in the Koran, from the Koran’s point of view when he said, “God had created man mortal.”
“He (Satan) replied, “I will not bow to a mortal whom You created of dry clay, of black molded loam (2).”
According to the Koran it is at the Judgment that those who have faith and do good will become immortal.
“Paradise shall be brought close to the righteous. We shall say to them ‘Here is all that you were promised. It is for every patient and faithful man, who fears the Merciful, though He is unseen, and comes before Him with a contrite heart. Enter it in peace. This is the day of immortality (3).”
Up until this time all people are mortal. Only the righteous from the Koran’s point of view, are given immortality. The others will maintain their mortality and go to hell.
In the Koran god tells Adam and Eve, “Never approach this tree or you both shall become transgressors (4).”
Here is a breach of logic and non-communication. Adam and Eve, according to the Koran, are already transgressors. They were created that way by virtue of being created mortal. What the Koran does not point out is that sin is what makes people mortal. They were created with sin. They could not become transgressors by eating the fruit of that tree for they were already transgressors by creation.
THE BIBLICAL ACCOUNT
God created Adam sinless and immortal. God warned Adam that the day he would eat of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil he would surely die (5).
Adam and Eve ate of the fruit and died. This is when mankind became mortal. The Apostle Paul points this out.
“Wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world and death by sin; and so death passed upon all man (6).”
Without sin there is no mortality. The God of the Holy Scriptures did not create Adam sinful but he became that way through disobedience to God.
Isaiah writes, “But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear (7).”
We are all separated from God by Adam’s sin which we add to as our life goes on. How then can God forgive the sinner, the unjust which includes all of us (8).
We are justified freely by God’s unmerited favor through the redemption that is in Jesus Christ (9).
Jesus Himself bore our sins in His own body on the cross (10). He received the wrath of God, which is separation from God, against these sins (11). In this way He tasted death for all men and women (12).
The Koranic account of tasting death appears different than the scriptural account of tasting death. In the context of the Koran, Muhammad is told that he will die just as everyone else dies. Death then, I suspect, is referring to physical death. In the Holy Scriptures the death being referred to is total separation from God. This, Jesus endured on the cross when it became dark at midday and He said, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me." Jesus as God had always been in perfect fellowship with God the Father. This was broken for the space of several hours. When the infinite God, Jesus, had reduced the world’s sin to zero He could say, “It is finished.” The normal relationship and fellowship with God the Father could then resume. He then gave up His Spirit at the time of His choosing.
This substitutionary death of Jesus gives God the right to forgive mankind. This is not recognized in the Koran. The god of the Koran acquits sinners. Thus, sins go unpunished by the god of the Koran. The God of Scripture is Holy and Just and does not acquit sin or sinners. With Jesus substituting Himself for you and me and all mankind God was able to be Holy, Just and not acquitting sin and at the same time justify the sinner.
For each of us to receive the wrath of God for sin we would be forever under God’s wrath. We are not infinite and sinless as Jesus is (13).
Since Jesus is God the Son He was able to withstand being separated from God and still live. He took away the sin of the world (14).
I ask you, which God is merciful? Is it the one who will make all man taste death, or the One who tasted death for all mankind?
Only in Scripture is one told how to be saved from perdition (hell, or eternal separation from God). This comes through faith in Jesus. Only in the Holy Bible do we find these powerful, hopeful, and redemptive words, “For He (God the Father) hath made Him (Jesus) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him (15).”
You must believe that Jesus is God in flesh. He received God’s wrath for your sins on the cross. He died and rose from the dead. Confess to God you are a sinner and invite Jesus into your heart. As simple sample prayer is, “Lord, Jesus Christ, forgive me of my sin and come into my heart.”
1. The Koran Page 229 Paragraph 21:34. 35
2. The Koran Page 185 Paragraph 15:33
3. The Koran Page 336 Paragraph 50:30
4. The Koran Page 13 Paragraph 2d35
5. The Holy Bible, Genesis 2:17
6. The Holy Bible, Romans 5:12
7. The Holy Bible, Isaiah 59:2
8. The Holy Bible, Romans 3:25
9. The Holy Bible, Romans 3:26
10. The Holy Bible, 1 Peter 2:24
11. The Holy Bible, Mark 15:4
12. The Holy Bible, Hebrews 2:9
13. The Holy Bible, 2 Thessalonians 1:8
14. The Holy Bible, John 1:29
15. The Holy Bible, 2 Corinthians 5:21
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Supporting the Contract with Conservatives
“Since that time, the conservative base has seen the Republican Party go astray. From runaway spending, to big government programs, to assaults on our First Amendment rights to amnesty for illegal aliens, conservatives have become disheartened, and the time has come for dramatic change.
“America can thrive under conservative leadership and government. The Republican Party is best equipped to deliver this kind of leadership, but too often, it has not. The time has come when conservative voters can no longer be taken for granted. Conservatives need something more than simple assurances. For our time, effort, money, and votes, we need a pledge. We need a pledge from our presidential nominee to uphold the core Republican values that built this party, and which have taken a backseat to politics in recent years.
“The Contract with Conservatives is that pledge. It is a pledge to uphold the major conservative ideals that have been pushed aside over the past decade.
“We, the undersigned, will support our presidential nominee and other candidates for high office, only if they uphold the Contract with Conservatives.
“It is time to get back to basics. The conservative base will work for candidates who pledge to uphold conservative values.”
Here is an outline of the “basics” as outlined in the Contract with Conservatives. You can find the entire document here.
Size and Scope of Federal Government
Of course the two very liberal Democrat candidates Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham-Clinton reject outright all the provisions of the Contract with Conservatives. Unfortunately, Senator John McCain as revealed by his record and not his election year rhetoric is on the opposite side of at least half of the named provisions (immigration reform, judges and free speech).
Until such time that Senator McCain clearly states that he will be supportive of all of the basic provisions outlined in the Contract with Conservatives, I cannot and will not vote for him if he is the GOP nominee this year. If I did I would be approving of his compromises and his apparent as well as the GOP's rejection of conservatism.
Friday, February 22, 2008
“At least this moves Islam from the 12th century to the 17th century!”
- - - NewsBusted, Episode 142
Placatory President with Kingly Persecuter
President Bush apparently holds (literally) the Saudi "royalty" in high regard. Saudi Arabia has perpetually been a chief human rights abuser without equal.
The BBC reports that “In a letter to King Abdullah, the rights group described the trial and conviction of Fawza Falih as a miscarriage of justice.
“The illiterate woman was detained by religious police in 2005 and allegedly beaten and forced to fingerprint a confession that she could not read . . .”
Your vain words have so much to tell,
Thursday, February 21, 2008
But the next most popular answer was healthcare. I could tell that they had seen Obama’s and Hillary’s commercials about a national healthcare plan. I tried to convince them that the more government gets involved with healthcare, the worse things get. When the Medicare program was started, prices went up. When Bush started the prescription drug program, drug prices rose sharply.
If a hospital or doctor wants to charge you $150 for a band-aid, most people will say, “Who cares? I’m not paying for it, the government is.” But you will be paying for it one way or another. Taxes could be raised to pay for it. The government could create more money to pay for it, (which would cause inflation). Or we could pass the buck to the next generation. Any way you slice it, you’ll pay big time.
I realize that most people have health insurance plans that would pay for the $150 band-aid. This is a big racket. So people already say, “Who cares? I’m not paying for it, my insurance company is.” But the way to combat this is by choosing doctors who charge for inexpensive individual procedures out-of-pocket and choosing insurance plans which have high deductibles or cover only expensive procedures. This would drive down prices and reduce this price-gouging. It’s ridiculous that state attorneys general go after various corporations for price-gouging, but not the healthcare system. Not they should, but this is so hypocritical.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Here are some of the winners of the Faith & Values Awards:
· The $50,000 Epiphany Prize for Most Inspiring Movie of 2007 sponsored by the John Templeton Foundation – “Amazing Grace” from Samuel Goldwyn Films
· The Grace Award for Most Inspirational Movie Acting in 2007 – Eduardo Verástegui of “Bella”
Eduardo Verástegui won for BEST ACTOR in "Bella" at the "CHRISTIAN OSCARS"
· Best Movie for Families – “Ratatouille” from Walt Disney Pictures
· Best Movie for Mature Audiences – “Amazing Grace” from Samuel Goldwyn Films
· The Faith and Freedom Award for Promoting Positive American Values in 2007 – “Bella” from Roadside Attractions and Lionsgate
Here is a list of the Ten Best 2007 Movies for Families:
The following are the Ten Best 2007 Movies for Mature Audiences:
1. Amazing Grace
2. August Rush
3. Spider-Man 3
4. I Am Legend
6. The Great Debaters
7. The Astronaut Farmer
10. Live Free or Die Hard
I have not seen all of the movies on this list. There are a few I definitely want to see such as The Game Plan and Enchanted. However, the best movie of 2007 that I saw was Amazing Grace, the story of William Wilberforce. My first runner up for movie of the year for 2007 is Bella. My second runner up is The Ultimate Gift.
On March 2-4, 2008, a very different kind of conference will take place at the Marriott Times Square Hotel in downtown New York. Hundreds of the world's leading scientists, economists, and policy analysts will come together to explore key issues overlooked by advocates of the theory of man-made global warming.
Global Warming: Cyclical Climate Change or a Contrived Catastrophic Crisis?
Click on the video below to view an advertisement of this event.
Global Warming: Truth or Swindle?
Here is a more detailed description of the conference, “The debate over whether human activity is responsible for some or all of the modern warming, and then what to do if our presence on Earth is indeed affecting the global climate, has enormous consequences for everyone in virtually all parts of the globe. Proposals to drive down human greenhouse gas emissions by raising energy costs or imposing draconian caps could dramatically affect the quality of life of people in developed countries, and, due to globalization, the lives of people in less-developed countries too.
“The global warming debate that the public and policymakers usually see is one-sided, dominated by government scientists and government organizations agenda-driven to find data that suggest a human impact on climate and to call for immediate government action, if only to fund their own continued research, but often to achieve political agendas entirely unrelated to the science of climate change. There is another side, but in recent years it has been denied a platform from which to speak.
“The 2008 International Conference on Climate Change promises to be an exciting event and the point of departure for future conferences, publications, and educational campaigns to present both sides of this important topic.”
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
“In (Houston) Texas, a local campaign office for Barack Obama was shown to have a poster of the Cuban flag on their wall.
“But I think they’re dreaming, I mean everybody knows Fidel Castro supports Hillary!”
- - - NewsBusted, Episode 141
"Hello, Houston, we have (another) problem."
The blog, Little Green Footballs, noted in a recent post that “Barack Obama won’t wear an American flag on his lapel, but on the wall of his Houston campaign office: a Cuban flag with a picture of Communist mass murderer Che Guevara.”
Click here to see a video of the opening of the Obama office with the Cuban flag and Che in plain view.
T.D. sent me the following resume of Democrat Senator and Presidential aspirant Hillary Rodham-Clinton. She claims to have experience. The listing below outlines that experience, which for the most part is less than optimal for a person seeking the highest office of the land.
Senator Clinton has been bragging that she is the most qualified candidate for president based on her "record." This “record” she cites are her eight years in the White House as First Lady - or "co-president" - and her seven years in the Senate. The following content of that sordid record is meant to refresh Americans who may have forgotten what she accomplished:
- As First Lady, Hillary assumed authority over Health Care Reform, a process that cost the taxpayers over $13 million. She told both Bill Bradley and Pat Moynahan, key votes were needed to pass her legislation, that she would "demonize "anyone who opposed it. But it was opposed; she couldn't even get it to a vote in a Congress controlled by her own party. (And in the next election, her party lost control of both the House and Senate.)
- Hillary assumed authority over selecting a female Attorney General. Her first two recommendations (Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood) were forced to withdraw their names from consideration, and then she chose Janet Reno. Janet Reno has since been described by Bill himself as "my worst mistake."
- Hillary recommended Lani Guanier for head of the Civil Rights Commission. When Guanier's radical views became known, her name had to be withdrawn.
- Hillary recommended her former law partners, Web Hubbell, Vince Foster, and William Kennedy for positions in the Justice Department, White House staff, and the Treasury, respectively. Hubbell was later imprisoned, Foster committed suicide, and Kennedy was forced to resign.
- Hillary also recommended a close friend of the Clintons, Craig Livingstone, for the position of director of White House security. When Livingstone was investigated for the improper access of up to 900 FBI files of Clinton enemies (Filegate) and the widespread use of drugs by White House staff, both Hillary and her husband denied knowing him. (FBI agent Dennis Sculimbrene confirmed in a Senate Judiciary Committee in 1996 both the drug use and Hillary's involvement in hiring Livingstone.
After that, the FBI closed its White House Liaison Office, after serving seven presidents for over thirty years.)
- In order to open "slots" in the White House for her friends the Harry Thomasons (to whom millions of dollars in travel contracts could be awarded), Hillary had the entire staff of the White House Travel Office fired; they were reported to the FBI for "gross mismanagement" and their reputations ruined. After a thirty-month investigation, only one, Billy Dale, was charged with a crime - mixing personal money with White House funds when he cashed checks. The jury acquitted him in less than two hours.
- Another of Hillary's assumed duties was directing the "bimbo eruption squad" and scandal defense: ---- She urged her husband not to settle the Paula Jones lawsuit. ---- She refused to release the Whitewater documents, which led to the appointment of Ken Starr as Special Prosecutor. After $80 million dollars of taxpayer money was spent, Starr's investigation led to Monica Lewinsky, which led to Bill lying about and later admitting his affairs. ---- Then they had to settle with Paula Jones after all. ---- And Bill lost his law license for lying to the grand jury. ---- And Bill was impeached by the House. ---- And Hillary almost got herself indicted for perjury and obstruction of justice (she avoided it mostly because she repeated, "I do not recall," "I have no recollection," and "I don't know" 56 times under oath).
- Hillary wrote "It Takes a Village," demonstrating her Socialist viewpoint.
- Hillary decided to seek election to the Senate in a state she had never lived in.
Her husband pardoned FALN terrorists in order to get Latino support and the New Square Hassidim to get Jewish support. Hillary also had Bill pardon her brother's clients, for a small fee, to get financial support.
- Then Hillary left the White House, but later had to return $200,000 in White House furniture, china, and artwork she had stolen.
- In the campaign for the Senate, Hillary played the "woman card" by portraying her opponent (Lazio) as a bully picking on her.
- Hillary's husband further protected her by asking the National Archives to withhold from the public until 2012 many records of their time in the White House, including much of Hillary's correspondence and her calendars. (There are ongoing lawsuits to force the release of those records.)
- As the junior Senator from New York , Hillary has passed no major legislation. She has deferred to the senior Senator (Schumer) to tend to the needs of New Yorkers, even on the hot issue of medical problems of workers involved in the cleanup of Ground Zero after 9/11.
- Hillary's one notable vote, supporting the plan to invade Iraq , she has since disavowed.
Quite a resume, isn't it? Sounds more like an organized crime family. . .
Monday, February 18, 2008
Trewhella recounts that John McCain once said about Christian pro-life beliefs and Christian faith, "Neither party should be defined by pandering to the outer reaches of American politics and the agents of intolerance whether they be Louis Farrakhan or Al Sharpton on the left, or Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell on the right."
Does McCain view people who want to see the slaughter of countless innocent babies as the "outer reaches of American politics and the agents of intolerance"? Apparently he does. It seems to me that McCain is on the outer limits and he himself is an agent of intolerance.
Trewhella is an equally opportunity basher, with whom I wholeheartedly concur. He calls John McCain and Hillary Rodham-Clinton “ego-maniacal psychopaths.” He gives them too much credit.
He urges primary voters to vote for any of the two 100% pro-life candidates, Mike Huckabee or Ron Paul. He admonishes Wisconsin voters, “if we don't vote for good men when they are running for public office, we're teaching good men NOT to run for public office.”
ON MATTERS OF LIFE AND DEATH
The following two key issues are based on the new Ohio Christian Alliances’ Voter Guide.
Issue: Overturning Roe vs. Wade:
Mike Huckabee (R)------------SUPPORTS
John McCain (R)---------------SUPPORTS
Ron Paul (R)-------------------SUPPORTS
Barack Obama (D)-------------OPPOSES
Hillary Rodham-Clinton (D)----OPPOSES
Issue: Federal Funding of Embryonic Stem Cell Research:
Mike Huckabee (R)------------OPPOSES
John McCain (R)---------------SUPPORTS
Ron Paul (R)-------------------OPPOSES
Barack Obama (D)-------------SUPPORTS
Hillary Rodham-Clinton (D)----SUPPORTS
German Mardi Gras Float
Sunday, February 17, 2008
On Thor Tolo’s KGNW radio show in Seattle, WA (Transcript) earlier this month interviewed Ambassador Alan Keyes, who is also running for President this year, Dr. Keyes made very insightful statements about Senator John McCain.
By the way, Keyes is the best candidate in either party in the race for President, but is virtually ignored by the main stream media, his own party and even by many conservatives, who are more in agreement with Keyes than any other Republican candidate. However, he lacks the organization and resources to advance his candidacy sufficiently enough to be competitive. Unfortunately like Fred Thompson, he also started too late in his run for President.
He is polar opposite on the political continuum of Senator Barack Obama. The Republican elite did not support his run for Senate in Illinois when he ran against Obama there. Whereas Keyes is a true conservative, Obama is an extreme socialist.
On Tolo’s radio show Keyes declared, “Where he (McCain) betrayed conservatism in the name of bipartisanship, but actually in the name of trying to serve his own presidential ambition. And that includes the McCain-Feingold bill, a direct assault on freedom of speech, on the ability of conservative grassroots organizations to raise money, on their ability to communicate with the electorate. He has made a determined effort to shut down true democratic, self-government in this country, so that people can't organize, can't raise money, can't associate, and can't communicate about the records of their representatives. And that kind of assault is a deadly blow against the possibility of self-government and constitutionalism in America.
"And we're just supposed to forget about it now, and listen to his words that his pollsters tell him he's got to say to please and placate people, but I don't think people are that stupid. I really don't. The same is true of the border security issue. He fought tooth and nail against the Minutemen and others who wanted to see the barriers put up and border assured. Instead, he promoted an amnesty bill that would have devastated the sovereignty of the American people and would have produced demographic changes that confirm the invasion that, in effect, has taken place on our nation's territory and soil. And now he wants us to believe, "Oh, I'm in favor of strong border security, because I know you people won't vote for me if you know the truth." Are we that stupid? Have we really become that gullible as a people that we let these politicians change their words and will ignore their actual work and record in the process? I hope not, and don't think so.
"Other conservatives fought hard to get good judicial nominees set up there, and this guy, looking to refurbish or build up his reputation for bipartisanship, torpedoed their efforts to get good conservative justices through and joined hands with the Teddy Kennedys of the world to defeat the effort.
"This is not soon to be forgotten, by people who understand what it takes, the sacrifices that have been involved in trying to elect good solid conservative majorities in the Senate and the House, only to see them betrayed because of the actions of people like John McCain.
"So, I find it entirely implausible that good hearted and good conscienced conservatives are suddenly going to forget that whole record, which in point of fact means that he's been moving in a direction indistinguishable from Hillary Clinton. The only difference will be the label.”
Keyes goes on to say that he would not support McCain if he is the Party’s nominee. He also hinted that disenfranchised conservatives may need to move in the direction of a third party in order to provide the electorate with a true alternative to the similar policies of the current two main political parties. The McCain candidacy and apparent GOP support does not bode when for the conservative element who previously formed the base of the GOP. The voice of conservatism is now being thwarted in the Republican Party as it has for so long been the case in the Democrat Party.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
You can talk about the horrors committed by Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, or Adi Amin, but now America shamefully shares company with that band of evildoers. America alone has sanctioned the killing of 45 million pre-born babies. At the bottom of this blog is an American Abortion Counter, which estimates the current number of abortions being committed by the second in the United States . . .
PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES AND THE CULTURE OF DEATH
Take the test now and test your Roe IQ. I had two of twelve answers wrong when I took the quiz. Please let us know how well you did and what you learned about Roe using the comment button below . . .
Friday, February 15, 2008
B-rated Barack Obama lacks the experience to be President. He is an empty vessel. He is stricken with a serious case of personal global warming, meaning he is full of hot air. B-rated is an excellent orator. However, there are many actors who can deliver their lines, but they live and work in a fantasy world. Welcome to B-rated's world, a global socialist utopia?
THE VAST BUT VAIN EXPERIENCE OF MCCAIN
"Amnesty" McCain also cares little or nothing about what is good for the American people, only what he, his liberal gumbas (Edward Kennedy, Russ Feingold, Joe Lieberman et al.) and his financial supporters (Soros, Heinz-Kerry, etc. see today's earlier article) want to see happen.
At this point in the presidential campaign year our hope is that somehow McCain will fall short of obtaining sufficient delegates to wrap up the nomination before the GOP convention and someone else, a real conservative will emerge as the party's nominee.
I have almost come to the point of reconciling myself to the fact that either McCain or Obama, if elected, they will be used as God's instrument to judge and punish America for (1) the abortion atrocity which continues unabated since 1973 killing 50+ babies, (2) allowing homosexuality to spread unchecked and infecting all aspects of society especially in the entertainment media and in our government schools indoctrinating our children to accept this perversion, this depravity, this evil, as good; and (3) electing such candidates who espouse such evil ideas and policies.
Judgment may be necessary, especially since America does not appear to want to wake up on its own. Either McCain or Obama will lead us to destruction or to national repentance, if God continues to mercifully withhold His wrath.