Monday, November 02, 2009

RINO Dede Scozzafava in NY 23 race suspends campaign, supports Dem

For a Conservative Congress

Jude Seymour at Watertown Daily Times wrote on Saturday that Dede Scozzafava, the Republican and Independence parties candidate in New York's 23rd Congressional District suspended her campaign and released her supporters. At the time of her announcement she did not back either of the two remaining candidates, Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman or Democratic Party candidate Bill Owens.


However, on Sunday she endorsed the Democratic candidate. Her ideology and policies line up more closely with the liberal Democratic candidate Owens. By doing so she reveals her true colors. Michael Steele and Newt Gingrich should both be embarrassed and ashamed that they endorsed her.

Here's her statement in part:


"Dear friends and supporters:

"Throughout the course of my campaign for Congress, I have made the people of the 23rd District and the issues that affect them the focal point of my campaign. As a life long resident of this district, I care deeply and passionately about its people and our way of life. . . I have always sought to act with the best interest of our district and its residents in mind—and today I again seek to act for the good of our community.

"The opportunity to run as the Republican and Independence Party candidate to represent the 23rd District has been and remains one of the greatest honors of my life. . . However, as Winston Churchill once said, Democracy can be a fickle(d) employer, and the road to public office is not always a smooth one.

"In recent days, polls have indicated that my chances of winning this election are not as strong as we would like them to be. The reality that I've come to accept is that in today's political arena, you must be able to back up your message with money—and as I've been outspent on both sides . . .

"It is increasingly clear that pressure is mounting on many of my supporters to shift their support. Consequently, I hereby release those individuals who have endorsed and supported my campaign to transfer their support as they see fit to do so. I am and have always been a proud Republican [better, Republican-in-name-only, or RINO]. It is my hope that with my actions today, my party will emerge stronger and our district and our nation can take an important step towards restoring the enduring strength and economic prosperity that has defined us for generations . . ."

Yes, Dede, by endorsing the Democratic Party candidate, you desire to strengthen your party? Are you kidding me? You are a Democrat in Republican clothes. You have proved it by your actions.

Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the pro-life Susan B. Anthony List, issued a statement on Saturday, which included, ". . . On behalf of conservative voters, activists, and volunteers across the district, I call on the national GOP to finally throw its full support and resources behind Doug Hoffman for Congress. A Hoffman victory is within sight.” Obviously Dede did not pay attention to this advise and most likely neither did GOP National Chairman Michael Steele or so-called conservative spokesman Newt Gingrich . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment