Monday, July 19, 2010

The Presidential Drinking Song


My response to the President's shameless promotion today of the unfunded extension of unemployment benefits beyond the current 99 week provision was two fold.

First, during various sound bites I heard on talk shows and the news today, I kept asking out loud, "How are you going to pay for it?" I guess that is what the GOP in the Senate is asking. They do not want it to be added to the deficit, which seems reasonable. But the unreasonable President, like a spoiled child who has to have his own way, continues to push, demand, exhort Congress to try to pass it for the fourth time ... No, is it merely for political reasons, could it be?

Secondly, the 99 weeks made me think of that merry drinking song about beer on the wall, which I adapted from the original making it a song that President Soetoro alias Obama can sing until he gets his way ... and the taxpayer and future generations get stuck paying the tab ...


The Presidential Drinking Song


99 weeks of unemployment is nothin' at all,
99 weeks of entitlement!
Ya enjoyin’ your semi-retirement, yet?
Congress and me, we’ll keep doling it out,
99 weeks of unemployment is nothing at all!

126 weeks of unemployment is nothin' at all,
126 weeks of entitlement!
Ya enjoyin’ your semi-retirement, yet?
Congress and me, we’ll keep doling it out,
126 weeks of unemployment is nothing at all!

502 weeks of unemployment is nothin' at all,
502 weeks of entitlement!
Ya enjoyin’ your semi-retirement, yet?”
Congress and me, we’ll keep doling it out,

Until China says, “That’s all.”
.

No comments:

Post a Comment