Insist that your two U.S. Senators vote NO on the confirmation of Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius. This woman is radically pro-death with an extensive and atrocious pro-abortion record. President Soetoro (a/k/a Obama) has nominated Sebelius for the position of Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Her nomination must be rejected.
Although Governor Sebelius publicly professes “personal opposition” to abortion, her record both as a state representative and governor refute that profession:
• She voted against parental notification on abortion.
• Voted against informed consent.
• Voted against abortion waiting periods.
• Vetoed bills that would have required minimum safety standards in abortion clinics to protect pregnant mothers.
• She has even supported (as did the President who nominated her) the killing of innocent survivors of botched abortions.
Tiller & Sebelius: They're Radically Pro-Death
However, it is Gov. Sebelius’ ties to George 'Killer" Tiller – the notorious late-term abortionist who proudly claims to have killed 80,000 babies – that is most troubling and provides the clearest insight to Sebelius’ pro-abortion position
And it is the governor’s scandalous efforts to minimize those ties that have cast a shadow on her integrity.
• In testifying before the Senate Finance Committee, Gov. Sebelius stated that she had received $12,450 in campaign contributions from Tiller and his abortion clinic between the years 1994 and 2001. Shortly after that testimony it was revealed that she had in fact received at least an additional $23,000.
• Just this past week, a 2002 fundraising letter from Tiller was uncovered, in which he claimed to have personally contributed $200,000 to ProKanDo, a political action committee (PAC) dedicated to defeating Sebelius’ pro-life opponent. ProKanDo spent big bucks - a total of $271,000 - to aid Sebelius’ bid for governor. It is very clear that Gov. Sebelius’ relationship to Tiller is hardly the “casual acquaintance” that she has implied. Without Tiller’s abortion blood money it is doubtful Kathleen Sebelius’ bid for the state’s highest office would have been successful.
• These memory lapses regarding significant campaign contributions, recall, followed Sebelius’ previous admission of tax problems, which resulted in an amendment to her tax return and a $7,000 payment of late taxes.
If Gov. Sebelius cannot be up front and honest about her campaign contributions and cash connections, can she be trusted to manage one of the federal government’s largest agencies with a budget of $700 billion?
The nomination of Kathleen Sebelius may move to the whole Senate very soon. Nothing in her background qualifies this woman to head the nation’s health care system. Her nomination simply is another reflection of President Soetoro’s (alias Obama’s) own radical pro-abortion agenda.
Much of this post was based on an email received from the Ohio-based Citizens for Community Values (CCV). This afternoon I sent both of my senators an email urging them to reject Sebelius' confirmation.
Please contact your two Senators and encourage them them to vote NO on the confirmation of Gov. Kathleen Sebelius.
Here is suggested content of the email, which you may consider sending to your U.S. Senators:
Gov. Kathleen Sebelius is not qualified to head the Department of Health and Human Services. Her radical views are far outside those of mainstream Americans – having supported late-term abortions, the killing of innocent abortion survivors, socialized medicine, and the government as the final authority on children’s health.
Further, her failure to properly disclose campaign contributions from abortionist George Tiller added to the underpayment of federal taxes revealed in her confirmation hearings seriously challenge her integrity.
Please vote NO on the confirmation of Kathleen Sebelius as Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.