Monday, August 31, 2009

Another Town Hall Tell Off . . . 8/27/09 Town Hall with NY Rep. Anthony Weiner

Hat Tip to BluegrassPundit who recently twittered this video link, http://bit.ly/8klrQ, about a woman who goes off (rightfully) on Rep. Anthony Weiner [D-NY9] at Town Hall Meeting held last Thursday (August 27). Following the embedded video is a transcript of the Bonnie Cohen’s testimony, which was provided by the BluegrassPundit and the description that accompanied the YouTube video.


"Thank you Congressman. My name is Bonnie Cohen. I'm a patriotic, law abiding, tax paying citizen who clings to her religion. We the American people were fed up with Washington so we voted for change. But we did not vote to remake the nation! You may not be aware of it but we love this country!

"I'm an Independent; I've never been interested in politics. But, let me tell you Congressman that for the first time in my adult lifetime I am afraid for my country. I see Washington bankrupting our future one day at a time! From TARP to Stimulus to 9000 earmarks to auto bailouts to Cap and Trade. And now you guys want to take over health care after you screwed up housing.

"I think its fair to say that Congress has been acting stupidly! My question for you Congressman is; do you plan to go back to Washington and deliver for us what we actually voted for? Or is that above your pay grade and do you plan to just promote your own career and campaign every hour on MSLSD (Popular conservative talk radio show host Mark Levin endearing term for MSNBC?)”

Ms. Cohen expresses the growing sentiment of many independents and conservatives across America today. We do not want any more big government than we have, no ObamaCare, no Cap and Trade and we want all the ridiculous and wasteful spending and programs and pork stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment